Date: Second Saturday – August 9th
Time: 10am – 1pm
Location: Ballentine-Spence House
109 E. Spring St., Fuquay-Varina
We have 12 spaces available, filled on a first sign-up basis! Our members decided that they preferred having 12 members to their team. Team members also participate in “Capture the Flag”, Badminton, Cook-off’s, and many other fun competitions and games.
Teen Mastermind Group is organized by local resident and parent, Anna Campbell. Read more about Anna’s qualifications and experience here: http://teenmastermindgroup.wordpress.com/about-2/
This is a great group of teens who are learning how to be leaders, work as a team, and have fun. All Wake & Harnett County Teens 12-18 in age are welcome.
Murder at the Juice Joint
Our cast and crew truly enjoyed this lavish party hosted by Rosie Marie and her daughter Anna Marie at their illegal speak easy, somewhere in Fuquay-Varina!
Everyone enjoyed the roaring 1920′s full on Gangster and Flapper style!
Rosie Marie would like to thank her guests for helping to make this event a true success and a real joy to remember!
Thank you to our crew for helping this event go off in style: Kari Campbell, Christina & Billy Campbell, Jere & Joan Wilson, and Brean & Anna Campbell.
1 male role and 1 female role!
This will be our final Murder Mystery Party for a while and we are looking forward to having a wonderful time with everyone.
Date: Saturday, June 14, 2014
Location: Ballentine-Spence House
109 E. Spring Street, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
We will be eating ice cream, corn on the cob, watermelon, and tons more yummy treats.
We will be tossing water balloons, hunting for hidden treasures and playing many more fun games!
Bring a dish to share and be ready for some good ol’ fashioned fun!
We will be providing cool drinks and fun games!
The following work was completed on the property:
- We have repaired two sections of termite damage and it is beautiful now!
- We have four huge tomato plants in full bloom on our front porch.
- We have replaced one of our regular light shades with a fun crystal chandelier.
- We found a really neat old chair in the attic and will be using it to hold plants.
- We have been planting several types of mint and lemon balm plants to help with insect control in the backyard.
- The back of the house has been primed and painted.
- Our driveway entrance has been completed, but please drive very slowly and use caution if you use it.
The following work is still ongoing:
- We need to prime and paint the shed.
- The upstairs shower is now ready for a circular shower curtain to be installed.
- We are still looking into metal handrails for the front and side exterior porch stairs.
- We need to paint the porch floor and ceiling.
We have a few groups using the Ballentine-Spence House now.
- The Babywearing International group meets on the first Friday of each month from 9:30am-11am.
- The American Federation for Suicide Prevention “Out of the Darkness” Fuquay Varina Community Walk committee is meeting at our house for their monthly planning meetings. Their next meeting is Tuesday, June 24th at 7pm.
- The Teen Mastermind Group is meeting on the first Saturday of each month from 10am-2pm (August will be 2nd Saturday).
- Real Housewives of Fuquay-Varina are now hosting their monthly get together at the Ballentine-Spence House.
We are hosting a few events in June including:
- Murder Mystery Party – Murder at The Juice Joint on Saturday, June 28th
- Ladies Craft Night on Thursday, June 12th at 7pm
- Summer Celebration Picnic on Saturday, June 14th from 12pm-4pm