The following work was completed on the property:
- We have repaired two sections of termite damage and it is beautiful now!
- We have four huge tomato plants in full bloom on our front porch.
- We have replaced one of our regular light shades with a fun crystal chandelier.
- We found a really neat old chair in the attic and will be using it to hold plants.
- We have been planting several types of mint and lemon balm plants to help with insect control in the backyard.
- The back of the house has been primed and painted.
- Our driveway entrance has been completed, but please drive very slowly and use caution if you use it.
The following work is still ongoing:
- We need to prime and paint the shed.
- The upstairs shower is now ready for a circular shower curtain to be installed.
- We are still looking into metal handrails for the front and side exterior porch stairs.
- We need to paint the porch floor and ceiling.
We have a few groups using the Ballentine-Spence House now.
- The Babywearing International group meets on the first Friday of each month from 9:30am-11am.
- The American Federation for Suicide Prevention “Out of the Darkness” Fuquay Varina Community Walk committee is meeting at our house for their monthly planning meetings. Their next meeting is Tuesday, June 24th at 7pm.
- The Teen Mastermind Group is meeting on the first Saturday of each month from 10am-2pm (August will be 2nd Saturday).
- Real Housewives of Fuquay-Varina are now hosting their monthly get together at the Ballentine-Spence House.
We are hosting a few events in June including:
- Murder Mystery Party – Murder at The Juice Joint on Saturday, June 28th
- Ladies Craft Night on Thursday, June 12th at 7pm
- Summer Celebration Picnic on Saturday, June 14th from 12pm-4pm