Curator Notes for July 2014
The following work was completed on the property:
- We have begun the gardening transition in the back beds.
- Our bell pepper plants are thriving and producing almost more than we can handle!
- We have replaced a simple light in the upstairs hall with an elegant crystal chandelier from the past!
- We have replaced one the bedroom lights with a beautiful wrought iron chandelier.
The following work is still in progress to be completed:
- Priming and painting 2 exterior walls
- Priming and painting shed in backyard
- Sealing, priming, and painting tin roof
- Researching fruit trees that are native to our area in NC
This beautiful picture of the Ballentine-Spence House was taken by Jebb Graff and we are honored that he shared it with us.
We are very excited to announce two upcoming activities at the Ballentine-Spence House.
We are opening up our home for house tours! We have regular guided tours from January through October and holiday guided tours from November to December. Our regular tours cost $5 per person and our holiday tours are $15 per person. Learn more about our tours here: https://ballentinespencehouse.wordpress.com/plan-your-tour/
We are also planning on hosting two (2) Murder Mystery events each year. Our Murder Mystery events give all guests a unique character role and opportunity to pretend to be someone else for the evening and participate in solving the murder. The cost is $20 per person. Learn more about our upcoming Murder Mystery events here: https://ballentinespencehouse.wordpress.com/murder-mystery-event/
~ Anna Campbell