Fall has arrived and with it we are enjoying cool and warm days until winter arrives. North Carolina in the fall is one of the most beautiful places to travel. Our beaches are still pleasant and our mountains are cascading with color!
We have had a wonderful house full here at the Ballentine-Spence house from July through October. We have enjoyed the company of several groups including: Teen Mastermind group, Suicide Prevention Walk organizers, and Babywearing International. We have enjoyed visiting with guests during our home tours who drove in from all over the state.
And we were truly honored to host the 2014 Spence Family reunion in September. We enjoyed meeting four generations and hearing their stories about Grandma’s house. You can read more about their visit here: https://ballentinespencehouse.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/2014-spence-family-reunion-at-the-ballentine-spence-house/
The following work was completed on the property:
- We have found an antique pantry built in NC for our kitchen
- HVAC repairs were completed on the downstairs ductwork
- Minor repair completed to wood plank on front porch
- Several window covers were removed temporarily for fresh air flow
- Several temporary window screens were installed
- Old pull down shades were replaced with wooden blinds on side of house
- We have replaced one the bedroom lights with a beautiful wrought iron chandelier.
- planting bushes in the side yard
- Priming and painting shed in backyard
- Sealing, priming, and painting tin roof
- Researching bushes and fruit trees that are native to our area in NC
We are very excited to announce three upcoming activities at the Ballentine-Spence House.
We are hosting a free community event on Saturday, November 15th from 12pm-4pm: Mistletoe Madness Holiday Market. This is our holiday showcase event with a variety of unique vendors and crafters to liven up your holiday shopping experience! Our vendors include everything LOCAL, from handmade crafts to art and gifts galore! There truly is something for everyone! Live music and delicious refreshments will be served. Door prizes will be awarded every 15 minutes!
We are opening up our home for house tours! We have regular guided tours from January through October and holiday guided tours from November to December. Our regular tours cost $5 per person and our holiday tours are $15 per person. Learn more about our tours here: https://ballentinespencehouse.wordpress.com/plan-your-tour/
We are also planning on hosting two (2) Murder Mystery events each year. Our Murder Mystery events give all guests a unique character role and opportunity to pretend to be someone else for the evening and participate in solving the murder. The cost is $20 per person. Learn more about our upcoming Murder Mystery events here: https://ballentinespencehouse.wordpress.com/murder-mystery-event/
~ Anna Campbell